Today has not been too productive either, although still a lot better than yesterdays total page count! I ended up finishing Angus thongs and full frontal snogging and am currently on chapter 11 of unremembered. Check out my Bout of books 11.0 wrap up at the end of the week to check out what ratings I am giving the books that I finish reading!
Currently reading: Unremembered.
Pages read today: 136.
Good luck to anyone participating and look out for tomorrows update!
This is my first ever readathon, so I am excited to show you guys what my TBR for the week is. If you do not know what the bout of books readathon is than check out the official website where you can get details on it! It runs through from Monday 18th to Sunday 24th.
Onto my TBR for the week...
The first 3 books in the Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison.
1. Angus thongs and full frontal snogging.
2. It's ok im wearing really big knickers!
3. Knocked out by my nunga-nungas
4. The ocean at the end of the lane by Neil Gaiman
5. Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Good luck to everyone doing this readathon and look forward to updates each day!
1. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. 5/5 stars. 2. Forgive me Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick. 5/5 stars. 3. Under the never sky by Veronica Rossi. 5/5 stars. 4. Through the ever night by Veronica Rossi. 5/5 stars.
Expect a review of the Under the never sky series very soon as it is a new favourite of mine!
This was a slow reading month or me because of exams, which is why there are only three books in Junes wrap up!
1. Tormenting Lila by Sarah Alderson. 5/5 stars. 2. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. 5/5 stars. 3. Lila and Alex short story, x-rated. (You can get this free through twitter just check out @sarahalderson). 5/5 stars, although definitely not recommended for younger readers!
1. How I live now by Meg Rosoff. 5/5 stars. 2. Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson (re-read in preparation for the rest off the series). 5/5 stars. 3. I then read all of the novellas which go along with the Lila series, all of which I gave 5/5 stars to! Turning Amber by Sarah Alderson. Catching Suki by Sarah Alderson. Lila shortcuts by Sarah Alderson. The moment by Sarah Alderson. 4. Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson. 5/5 stars.
Hi guys! Todays post is a week late, but I am doing it anyway! I had a good reading month in April, which is surprising considering that I was supposed to be revising (oh well), and I ended up reading a total of 6 books, so lets get started!
Holes by Louis Sachar - I really enjoyed this book and because I had watched the film a few years ago, I recognised a lot of what happened and I think that the film was very true to the book. I gave this one 5/5 stars.
Beautiful creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - I have been wanting to read this book for ages, especially since the film came out, and I am very glad that I did as I really enjoyed it! I ended up giving this one 5/5 stars.
Fruits basket Volume 4 - As you will know if you have seen my previous wrap ups, I have been slowly making my way through this series and I am really enjoying it so far! Although I do get a little lost at times, I am getting roe used to the style of writing now. I gave this one 4/5 stars.
Cinder by Marissa Meyer - I read this as a buddy read with one of my friends on GoodReads, and I have to say that this is one of my new favourite series, and definitely my favourite series of this year! I obviously gave this one 5/5 stars.
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - After Cinder I had to read Scarlet, and I loved it even more! Yet again another 5/5 star book1
Cress by Marissa Meyer - Whilst I was still reading Scarlet, I went straight out and brought Cress as soon as possible, because I just couldn't wait until I could start it ad I was not wrong! This is my favourite book in the series and now probably one of my favourite books of all time! Everything about it was flawless and I cannot wait until Winter come out next year! A well deserved 5/5 stars for this one.
Those are all of the books which I read in the month of April! I had a really good reading month and enjoyed all of the books which I read! What books did you read in the month of April? Star Reads
Hi guys, Todays post is very exciting for me because I absolutely loved Throne of glass and Crown of midnight! Recently Sarah J Maas released a cover for Heir of fire, which is the 3rd book in the series. Here is the cover for Heir of fire!
And here is the synopsis from GoodReads:
Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien's only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan's Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn.
Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King's Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan's biggest threat - and his own toughest enemy.
While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?
This third novel in the Throne of Glass sequence, from New York Times bestselling author Sarah J. Maas, is packed with more heart-stopping action, devastating drama and swoonsome romance, and introduces some fierce new heroines to love and hate.
Hi guys! Today I am going to talk about all of the series which I am yet to finish, there are few reasons why I have yet to finish a lot of these series, but the main one honestly is laziness. Anyway, lets get on with it... 1. Matched series by Ally Condie. I enjoyed the first book, Matched, in this series, but after reading Crossed, which I you have read my previous posts than you would know how much I hated that book, it didn't really encourage me into reading the last book of the series, although I think that I still may give it a go just so that I can say that I finished the series.
2. Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer.
Honestly, I didn't really mind Twilight, but it is not really a priority or me to finish the series.
3. Sophia and Ava London series by Elle and Blair Fowler.
4. Eve series by Anna Carey.
5. Hunting Lila duology by Sarah Alderson.
WHY HAVE I NOT FINISHED THIS! This is literally one of my favourite books of all time and I own the second and last book in the series, Losing Lila, so I have no clue why I have not read it yet.
6. Dustlands series by Moira Young (Not yet completed).
7. Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.
8. The mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare (Not yet completed).
One book left to go!
9. The study series by Maria V Snyder (Not yet completed).
10. The memory chronicles by Lenore Appelhans (Not yet completed).
11. Throne of glass series by Sarah J Maas (Not yet completed).
12. Fruits basket series by Natsuki Takaya.
13. The Caster chronicles by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia.
14. The lunar chronicles by Marissa Meyer (Not yet completed).
I am currently reading Scarlet and loving it! Thanks for reading, which series do you need to finish? Star Reads
Todays post is yet another book haul! I have recently been trying to cut down on the amount of books I buy, but as you will be able to tell from this haul, I am not doing very well! Anyway, lets get started...
I don't think that this first part of the haul is too bad, considering that I found these books whilst searching through my loft, but I will count them anyway!
I know what you did last Wednesday by Anthony Horowitz. Carrie's war by Nina Bawden. Once by Morris Gleitzman. I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you by Ally Carter. These net books are ones which I bought second hand which means that they were also a lot cheaper, ranging from 50p and 3 for £1.
The time travellers wife by Audrey Niffenegger. V for Vendetta the novel based on the movie by the Wachowski brothers. Watchmen the graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. Misery by Stephen King. The host by Stephanie Meyer. Lastly are the 2 books which I brought in the 2 for £7 deal at Tesco.
The ocean at the end of the lane by Neil Gaiman. Half bad by Sally Green. Thanks for reading, and hopefully I will not be posting another book haul for a while as I am running out of space! See you in my next post. Star Reads
Hi guys! As you can tell from the title, this is the marry kiss cliff book tag! I have been meaning to do this tag for ages after seeing it on YouTube a few months ago, as it just looks so fun! I have enough names for 14 rounds, so lets get started...
1. Marry - Jace Lightwood (TMI) Kiss - Jack (Blood red road) Cliff - Caleb Prior (Divergent)
That round was pretty easy! Hopefully the others wont be too hard. 2. Marry - Valek (Poison study) Kiss - Thomas (The maze runner) Cliff - Xander (Matched)
3. Marry - Minho (The maze runner) Kiss - Will (Divergent) Cliff - DeMalo (Blood red road)
4. Marry - Chaol (Throne of glass) Kiss - Stanley (Holes) Cliff - Al (Divergent)
5. Marry - Alex (Hunting Lila) Kiss - Julian (Level 2) Cliff - Lugh (Blood red road)
6. Marry - Janco (Throne of glass) Kiss - Tommo (Blood red road) Cliff - Gale (THG)
7. Marry - Alex (Delirium) Kiss - Dorian (Throne of glass) Cliff - Peeta (THG)
8. Marry - Julian (The forbidden game) Kiss - Eric (Divergent) Cliff - Marcus (Divergent)
That was a hard one!
9. Marry - Sutter Keely (The spectacular now) Kiss - Zero (Holes) Cliff - Sebastian (TMI)
10. Marry - Four (Divergent) Kiss - Alec Lightwood (TMI) Cliff - Caleb (Eve)
11. Marry - Uriah (Divergent) Kiss - Augustus (TFIOS) Cliff - Julian Fineman (Delirium)
12. Marry - Ari (Throne of glass) Kiss - Ethan (The caster chronicles) Cliff - Tom (The forbidden game)
13. Marry - Magnus Bane (TMI) Kiss - Isaac (TFIOS) Cliff - Ky (Matched)
14. Marry - Simon (TMI) Kiss - Peter (Divergent) (Don't judge me! My main reason for this choice is because Miles Teller plays him in the movie and I love Miles Teller!) Cliff - Chuck (The maze runner)
Thanks for reading! This was such a fun tag to do and it was really hard making the decisions, although I do think that mine were a little easier than some of the others that I have seen. Comment down below if you agreed or disagreed with my decisions and what you would have chosen!
Hi guys! So I know that this post is a bit late, but for the last week I have been trying to decide what books I would actually want to read this month, and I only ended up choosing 2 books. This month is going to be even busier than the last as I have a TON of revision to do for exams, which is another reason why I am not planning on reading a lot of books. Anyway, lets get on with it...
City of lost souls by Cassandra Clare. After finally continuing with the Mortal instruments series last month, I didn't get time to finish the rest of the series, which is why I want to finish it this month, also so that I am ready for the release of City of heavenly fire next month!
Forgive me Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick. I don't really have a reason as to why I want to read this book, other than the premise of it really interests me, and I have never read anything like it before so I am excited to give it a go!
Thanks for reading and feel free to comment down below which books you are planning to read this month! Star Reads
Hi guys! Today I am doing my March wrap up. I did not read many books last month because I was very busy what with it being my birthday and the C2C concert and many other things, but I did still manage to read 3 books last month, so lets get started...
Fruits basket V3. I have really been enjoying the Fruits basket series and was excited to continue, although I do find the story hard to follow sometimes, I still enjoyed it and gave it 4/5 stars.
City of glass by Cassandra Clare. I finally read it! It has been over 6 months since I began the series and I have been meaning to read this net book since then, so I am so glad that I finally got around to doing it! It was definitely worthy of 5/5 stars and I also think that the series just got better as it went along!
City of fallen angels by Cassandra Clare. After reading City of glass, I was excited to carry on with the series and I was not disappointed! Even though this one wasn't as good as the other three, I still really enjoyed it and especially liked the new characters that were introduced. Yet another 5/5 stars! Thanks for reading and I will speak to you in my next post! Star Reads
All of the books I am going to show you in this post were all purchased from Tesco and are also all in their 2 for £7 deal. I bought a total of 5 books so here we go...
Forgive me Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick. Percy Jackson and the lightning thief by Rick Riordon. Dollhouse by Kourtney, Kim and Khloe Kardashian. Gone by Michael Grant. Hunger by Michael Grant. Thanks for reading! Star Reads
As today is world book day, I have decided to do a post showing you guys some cheap books which you may want to use your world book day vouchers with! All of these books are £4 or under on thebookpeople.com, I will leave a link to each of the books in the title of each one. So lets get started...
As you can probably tell I do not do music posts very often, and I also do not workout very often (if at all), but when I do, I like to listen to some good music to keep me motivated, and so today I decided to show you guys some of my favourite songs to listen to when I workout!
Today I am doing my March TBR. March is going to be a busy month for me as it is the month of my birthday and I am also going to the country 2 country concert, which I am really excited about! As this month is going to be very busy, I am not planning on reading too many books, so lets get started...
Fruits basket Volume 3
I started this series last month and really enjoyed it, so I have decided to continue by reading V3.
City of glass by Cassandra Clare.
If you have been reading my blog for a while, then you will know that I have been saying that I will read this book for the past few months and have never got around to it, but this month I am going to try and finish this series in time for the release of City of heavenly fire in May, which explains the next two books.
City of fallen angels by Cassandra Clare.
City of lost souls by Cassandra Clare
The assassins blade by Sarah J Maas.
After reading throne of glass and crown of midnight last month, I cannot wait to read more books in that series! Which is why as this is going to be published on March 4th, I will be buying it straight away!
Thanks for reading! What books are you planning on reading this month? Star Reads