Wednesday 1 January 2014

Top 13 books of 2013!

Today I am doing my top 13 books of 2013! This was actually easier than I thought it would be to decide what 13 books would make my list. So lets get started...

13. The great Gatsby by  Scott Fitzgerald.

I didn't think that a classic would make my list because they do not usually interest me very much, but the great Gatsby is an exception as I really enjoyed it and I also thought that the film was a very true adaptation of the book, which is why it is #13 on my list.

12. The forbidden game trilogy by LJ Smith.
7100490
I absolutely loved this trilogy and got through it very quickly. It was exciting and quite creepy at times, which kept my attention and really made this book very enjoyable.

11. Eve by Anna Carey.

I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to get to the sequels sometime soon! It was a really interesting concept and one which I have not read in a dystopian book before.

10. Blood ted road by Moira Young.
9917938
I loved this book! It would be further up in my list because I did really enjoy it, but there are so many books that I love even more, which is why it didn't make it past my top 10.

9. Let it snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle.
3213286
This was the perfect Christmas read and I loved how the three separate stories were linked together throughout the book, and I think that the way that the book concluded was very good and a nice way for the book to end.

8. Poison study, assassin study, magic study and fire study by Maria V Snyder.
6691056
I read this whole trilogy and the novella assassin study during the month of December and is the reason why I now have a love for high fantasy novels. This trilogy was amazing and I absolutely loved it!

7. Entwined by Heather Dixon.
8428195
 
As the first fairy tale retelling that I have ever read, it has now gotten me interested in reading more fairy take retellings as well as more books by Heather Dixon, because I love her writing style and this book was just brilliant!

6. City of bones and City of ashes by Cassandra Clare.
 256683
I absolutely love this series so far, but only got round to reading the first two books last year, but I am excited to finish this series and especially as city of heavenly fire is being released in May.

5. Delirium, Pandemonium, Requiem and Delirium stories by Lauren Oliver.
 11614718
This series is by far one of my favourite series of all time and I loved the premise of the book and thought that it was very interesting and quite different to other dystopian books that I have read.

4. The maze runner, the scorch trials, the death cure and the kill order by James Dashner.
 6186357
This is another one of my most favourite series of all time. I loved every single book in this trilogy as well as the prequel book, the kill order, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

3. Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson.
 10188580
The next three books were very difficult to put into an order of how much I liked them, because all three are amazing! Hunting Lila was a great book and was also quite unexpected, as I bought it on a whim one day, but ended up absolutely loving it!

2. The fault in our stars by John Green.

 
This book was just...Wow. I literally cannot explain how much I loved this book, but if you want to read my full review of TFIOS, than check out the link at the bottom of this post.

1. Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
 13335037
First of all, I did actually read Allegiant this year as well, but it was not as great as Divergent and Insurgent which is why I didn't include it into the #1 spot. Anyway, I absolutely love this series and think that it is probably the best series that I have ever read!

Thanks for reading and I hope you had a great reading year in 2013, and have a great 2014! Check out my TFIOS review here.
Star Reads







No comments:

Post a Comment