Saturday 1 February 2014

January Wrap up

Today I am doing my January wrap up, where I show you what books I read in that month. In my TBR for January I decided that I wanted to read a total of 6 books, which I did not achieve as I only ended up reading four and a bit.
The first book that I read in January was the spectacular now by Tim Tharp. I did enjoy this book and found the storyline interesting enough to make me want to keep reading, although throughout the book I had mixed emotions. After reading this I watched the film and it surprisingly made me love the book a lot more, mostly because the ending was changed a little which I was actually very happy about. I ended up giving this 4/5.
17620971

The second book that I read in January was the silver linings playbook by Matthew Quick. I actually had seen the film for this before I read the book and I really enjoyed it so decided to give the book a go. First of all I will say that this is completely different to the film and I found it a struggle to find many similarities, but that aside I did really enjoy this and thought that the premise was very interesting, which is why I gave it a 5/5.
13539044

The third book that I read was Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans. I absolutely loved this book and as it was the first proper sci-fi book that I have ever really read, it has now made me want to read a lot more! The premise for this book was amazing and very interesting and I really liked the way the story would change between Felicia's life before and after her death, which sounds crazy but was great! I definitely recommend this and obviously gave it a 5/5.
10861195

The fourth and final book that I read in January was Rebel heart by Moira Young. This is the second book in the dustlands trilogy and the sequel to Blood red road. This book was just as good and maybe better than Blood red road and had me gripped on every page. This was such a good book and I definitely recommend this whole series and I cannot wait until Raging star comes out soon! Obviously I also gave this a 5/5. 
13042154

Thanks for reading and I hope that January was a good reading month for you!
Star Reads

No comments:

Post a Comment