Wednesday 19 February 2014

Rebel heart review

13042154Title: Rebel heart
Author: Moira Young
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Publication date: October 30th 2012
Pages: 432
Synopsis: Saba thought her world would return to normal after they defeated the Tonton and rescued her kidnapped brother Lugh. The family head west for a better life and a longed-for reunion with Jack. But a formidable enemy is on the rise. What is the truth about Jack? And how far will Saba go to get what she wants?

Characters: The characters in Rebel heart were everything that I could have hoped, they not only developed into more complex and interesting characters, but also kept some of the qualities that made me love them whilst reading Blood red road. Saba was still a strong willed and kick-ass character to read about, but that was also toned down a bit by the fact that she was dealing with PTSD on top of Jack leaving her. We also got to learn more about characters such as Tommo and Lugh, who we did not learn too much about in the first book. I thought that it was interesting to see Tommo in a different and more grown up and mature way, considering what he was dealing with after what happened in the previous book. Lugh was another character that we got to see a different side of, as he is no longer acting like the nice and protective brother that we saw in the first book, and rather is closed off and quite aggressive towards Saba. I also liked how we know that he is acting like this because of what happened to him when he was kidnapped, but we are also clueless as to what actually happened to him, and this leaves an element of mystery to this book which I liked but also hope is concluded in the last book.

Plot: The plot of Rebel heart was just as explosive and exciting as the plot to Blood red road. This time we are following Saba as she is trying to reunite with Jack who left at the end of Blood red road. Of course the plan doesn't go as expected and there are a lot of mishaps and detours along the way, but that all added to the mystery and excitement of the book. Overall I think that the plot of this book was well paced and good throughout and I am so glad that the story met the high expectations that I had before reading!

Rating: An obvious 5/5 stars. This book was just as strong as the first and I hope that Raging star keeps up the high expectations that I have for this series!


2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! I like the flow of the story, of how Saba got this ghost-hunting-me thing and how the love triangle\\square made the story more interesting. I MEAN GOD, IT IS SO HARD TO CHOOSE FROM THE 3 OF THEM although my bias is Jack, i still want Tommo and Demalo fer they are all hot. I love the idea of Jack joining the Tonton, he makes the story much much much more alive. SO yeah. Lets high 5 for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIGH 5! haha, I agree with you that I really like Tommo and DeMalo, but like you said Jack will always be my favourite! Although I am also looking forward to seeing what happens about the whole thing with Saba and DeMalo in Raging star!

    ReplyDelete